Best cruise lines for New Year's Eve

Discussion in 'Cruises' started by Vicolette, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Here's a question for all of you seasoned cruise ship travelers, which cruise line and destination is the best for couples on New Year's Eve? Is the Caribbean the choice destination or someplace more exotic in the Mediterranean? Inquiring minds want to know!

2. Felipemoreno

Felipemoreno New Member

It's hard to say which is best..it kinda depends on the individuals. I would suggest speaking with a cruise travel agency to find out the best cruise for you, but one cruise that I did that I enjoy was a 15 night Regent (Seven Seas Navigator) cruise over New Years. It didn't have many kids and drinks and bubbly were free, which made the NYE experience even more wonderful it makes for a wonderful experience. Saying this, I doubt you will find anything this close to New Years...you want to do it at least 2 months to get the best deals.

3. gammy

gammy New Member

wait after New Year's Eve for cruise

I reckon the Caribbean is a top choice for most people because most people would rather spend a warm new year than a cold one..anyways, that's where I would go, though the xmas and new year's period is way to busy and expensive.

If i were you, I would wait till mid january to escape to the Caribbean. You will find better deals, fewer crowds, etc. As far as cruise lines, if you're a couple you may want to avoid Royal Caribbean as it is known for being family friendly cruise.

4. sidane

sidane New Member

novelty of celebrating New Year's on a boat

My suggestion is to avoid booking a cruise for the New Year's. Aside from the novelty of celebrating New Year's on a boat that's it! I have done it before and quite frankly I wont be doing again because the price isnt worth it. The prices drop dramatically in Jan/Feb, and you will have a better time then because of the lack of crowds, etc.

5. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

For a local harbor cruise for the evening, I've found one in NYC at $149 for 3 hours and includes music, champagne, open bar, coffee, and desserts throughout the night leading up to the fireworks.

For an adults only cruise, I was thinking more about the P & O Cruise lines out of the UK and heading to Canada or Alaska. I'll have to wait till next year to see what's available.