Best family ski resort

Discussion in 'Ski Areas' started by wanderer, Feb 11, 2012.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

What are you choices for the best family ski resort? I'm not picky about the location, but I'd love to hear what you think!

2. gillotineprod

gillotineprod New Member

best ski resorts for families

that's a very wide question?

the States alone have hundreds of nice resorts for families such as Big Sky and Beaver Creek. The same goes for Europe such as Avoriaz and Laax. Wherever you go, make sure you research the resort or you’ll be lugging three sets of skis and screaming kids around half the day, frantically trying to remember why you’d shelled out so much cash;)

3. audiosoft

audiosoft New Member

best family resorts

do you mean best family resorts in the world? You didn't mention if it was in the USA, Europe or where... In the USA, I've been to Steamboat, Crested Butt and Beaver Creek...all of these are are places to ski with the family. However, I think the ski resort of Saas Fe in Switzerland is the best...you can ski there for a week including all meals and it will work out cheaper than a week in Vail or Chamoix without meals.

4. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

I wasn't sure what I meant, so thanks for the list! You're right that it is expensive and the kids sometimes can be trouble, but it's nice to get away and hit the slopes.

5. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

The best ski resorts for families with young children might be Jackson Hole in Wyoming. It's got tons of kids activities and lots of great Rocky Mountain scenery. The Jackson Hole Ski Resort has tons of specials and packages too.