best family ski resorts in the US

Discussion in 'Ski Areas' started by deltamug, Sep 6, 2010.

1. deltamug

deltamug New Member

hello,

I am planning a winter ski holiday this Christmas with my family and I wanted to get some ideas on best family ski resorts in the US that have a great family -friendly atmosphere and a ski-school. Any suggestions?

2. Jenna

Jenna Moderator

hiya,

There are a bunch of excellent family ski resorts in the US if you are looking to enjoy a ski and snowboard vacation, so finding one that fits your needs shouldn't be hard.

On that note, one of the best family ski resorts in the US are found in Colorado, and they include Steamboat. which is a great destination for all skiers or snowboarders and families.

Steamboat offers a bunch of Kids Ski Free deals, and the Kid's Vacation Center which is both a day care center and a ski school.

3. krainey

krainey New Member

One of my favorite family ski resorts is Bear Valley, in the Sierra Nevadas in California. I went a couple of times as a kid, and we did both cross-country skiing and basic downhill. It's been a while since I've been skiing there, but they had free basic classes for the kids to get started.

Bear Valley is in eastern California, between Yosemite and Lake Tahoe, and it's only a few hours' drive from the Bay Area, so it's a lot of fun for a quick weekend ski getaway.

4. AliCat

AliCat New Member

I've also heard that Vermont is a good ski destination for families—I think Smugglers' Notch and the Okemo Mountain Resort are both supposed to be really family-friendly. Any past visitors know for sure?