best fishing spots in Argentina

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by SmithKL, Apr 13, 2011.

1. SmithKL

SmithKL New Member

where would you say the best angler and hunter destinations are in Argentina? im planning a fishing trip with a few buddies of mine and we love fly fishing in particular..please share any suggestions..many thanks!
  2. Danny

Danny Moderator

There is Salta and Mendoza, but I think that the Andean region is the place to be for fly fishing in Argentina. In this area, you can find all kinds of species of trout, including brown, rainbow, lake, brook, as well as Pacific salmon.

To enjoy your fishing experience in Patagonia, I'd suggest to arrange a stay at a Patagonia hotel lodge, as they offer lake fishing and fly fishing excursions as part of your stay there, and the best thing is that you get experienced guides that will take you to the prime fishing areas.
  3. holidayguy

holidayguy New Member

If you are specifically looking for a fishing holiday, I can help you with one in Malawi. I am the owner of Malawian Style (sorry, i dont yet have the privilege to post links, please google), and can help you create a custom plan for fishing holidays and safaris.