Best Hawaiian island destinations

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by Vicolette, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

For first time travelers to Hawaii, which island would be your first choice if time is limited for sightseeing? Would it be Kauai, Maui, Oahu, Molokai, Lanai or another location?

2. Df.Tommi

Df.Tommi New Member

visiting Hawaii

if you're visiting Hawaii, say for 10 days, and want to do outdoor activities like hiking, kayaking, biking, see volcanoes or sailing I would suggest Big Island or Maui for the first time traveler to Hawaii. Both Big Island and Maui also boast high-end resorts right on the beach and many tourist amenities. If relaxation is what you want then, Kauai would be my recommendation.

3. Jenna

Jenna Moderator

For me, you cannot really make a bad choice when planning where to go in Hawaii. Either island would be a great place to have a memorable time, though like the last poster said Kauai is very very quite but it's a gorgeous and lush tropical paradise for sure. The way I enjoy Hawaii is by spending 5 days on Maui or the Big Island and 3-4 days on Kauai.

4. lamisil

lamisil New Member

If money is no object and you want to experience the ultimate luxury on your vacation, I'd say go to Big Island If you're a beach person, you'll find that Hawaii has white sand, black sand, red sand and even green sand beaches. If you love beaches and want to get that great tan there, I'd say go to Lana'i or Big Island.

5. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

From all the helpful info everyone has shared and from what I've read and pics I've seen and what I'm looking for in a vacation destination, my choice would be Kauai. Seems to have a little of everything including a more quiet and laid back atmosphere. Thanks for the tips!

6. Andrew

Andrew Moderator

The best choice will be Kauai. Kauai is known as "the Garden Isle" and it's divided into four parts - East Side (Lihue/Kapaa), West Side (Waimea), South Shore (Poipu) and North Shore (Princeville). I have been to Hawaii over 3 times and visited Kauai once.

The best time to visit Kauai is from April to June or between September and November, because the weather is pleasant and airfare and hotel rates drop.

You can start your trip from East Side. This Coconut Coast has amazing places such as Opaekaa Falls, Nounou Mountain (Sleeping Giant), Wailua River and Fern Grotto.

Places to Visit in West Side are Port Allen, Na Pali Coast and Kauai Coffee Company.

In South Shore, you can find a wide variety of activities and attractions. The best place to start is Poipu Beach Park, which was once got the name one of America’s best beaches. Spouting Horn, close to the Poipu Beach, features a blowhole that releases a spout of water up to 20 feet or more into the air. There are 2 National Tropical Botanical Gardens namely McBryde Garden and Allerton Garden. You can also visit the great Kauai Coffee farm tour just a few miles west of Poipu.

And no trip is complete without seeing the North Shore. Don't miss to visit Daniel K.Inouye Kilauea Point Lighthouse, it's a beautiful wildlife sanctuary as well as a scenic spot for whale watching. Also, the Napali Coast is a very special breathtaking coastal range and inaccessible by car. Hiking, sailing, sea tour or helicopter tour are the best ways to experience this spectacular coast.

No visit to Hawaii would be complete without a Kauai Tours, and although finding the best & cheap vacation rentals is quite hard for your trip, but visit Kauai Vacation Rentals page to find the perfect accommodation to suit your trip. Also, you can find everything from budget hotels to five-star Kauai Resorts very near to both the city and tourist attractions.

Book your Kauai tour online and explore it's attractions with great fun :)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017