best place for a relaxing beach vacation?

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by masive67, Apr 26, 2013.

1. masive67

masive67 New Member

If you aren't really caught up in Cancun's fancy resort amenities, "screaming children and prefer just someplace nice and clean where to spend a beach vacation, I suggest the following:

1) Yelapa, close to Puerto Vallarta
    2) Sayulita, north of PV
    3) Isla Mujeres, north of Cancun
    4) Cabo Corrientes, south of PV
    5) La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, south of Sayulita

2. georgioamadi

georgioamadi New Member

Definitiley avoid Cancun (especially during spring break) if you're not looking for a super charged vacation. If you want to relax and laze around and see ruins, the Riviera Maya is the place to be. You have to visit Tulum, which is the only archaeological site in Mexico located by the sea, and Playa del Carmen (it has nice bars, restaurants and shops).

3. hDready

hDready New Member

I have nothing bad to say about Sayulita, except that maybe it's too perfect. Sayulita is the type of destination that makes you never want to go home. If you go in summer make sure you book an enclosed room as opposed to the open air rooms because you're going to want the air conditioning. Trust me on this. Summers are extremely hot and humid in Sayulita!

4. findthelock

findthelock New Member

Isla Holbox is the place. it's located about 7 miles off the northern tip of the Yucatan Peninsula. This island is just 26 miles long and about a mile wide and feels extremely remote. There are no high-rise hotels there but rustic palapas which are located along the island's gorgeous beaches.