Best Place for Rental Car Insurance in Mexico?

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by bakerdvd, Jul 26, 2009.

1. bakerdvd

bakerdvd New Member

We are flying into Cancun, renting a car and driving it for a week. Is there a better place to get insurance than at the rental car company? My credit card does not cover rentals in Mexico and neither does my US auto insurance AAA.

Oh... We are not staying in the Cancun area, so taking public transpotation is not an option.

2. Ruby

Ruby Guest

Hi there,

As far as I know, if you are renting a US car, then driving to Mexico, you can get insured through any insurance company other than the rental company insurance.

However, as you're renting the car in Mexico, then you will need to get your Mexico Rental Car Insurance through the rental car company.

Also, I highly recommend full-coverage insurance. It does cost extra (about $50U.S. per day), but if you get into an accident, it will save you a lot of money, and a lot of hassle. Even if you don't have an accident, but you bring a car back with a minor flaw like a chipped windshield, you'll wish you had purchased the extra policy.

Some of the best companies are Hertz, Explore, America car rental, etc;

3. christopherp552

christopherp552 New Member

I think it is best to get a car insurance quote online before you leave. This way, you can get it cheaper. Most car insurance companies at home offer traveler's insurance.

4. acinsurance

acinsurance New Member

Hi to all, it's nice to be a part of this forum, well talking about car or auto insurance i also know many car insurance and i want that i want to share here.