Best Places in singapore

Discussion in 'Singapore' started by samwalker16, Nov 5, 2009.

1. samwalker16

samwalker16 New Member

Hi All,

I am visiting Singapore this Christmas from UK,

Wanna know best places and destination of Singapore for a nice holiday...

Please give your thoughts and ideas.

Thanks in Advance

Sam

2. VacationBuddy

VacationBuddy Administrator

hi Sam,

Some of the best places in Singapore are as follows:

- The Singapore Zoo is one of the most popular zoos in Southeast Asia and it is home to a variety of animals that includes Chinese pandas, orangutans and white tigers.

- Chinatown is a great place, simply for the atmosphere, you can see interesting shops, try the local food and shop for traditional Chinese herbs.

- Boat Quay is a great place to experience the nightlife in Singapore and is home to pubs, clubs and bars.

- Sentosa Island, home to the popular beaches of Tanjong, sports-oriented Siloso, and secluded Palawan Beach.

Sentosa is also home to Dolphin Lagoon and Underwater World where you can see stunning reef exhibits, a large aquarium and dolphin shows daily.

Hope this helps
    Vacationbuddy

3. khelzy09

khelzy09 New Member

you can also got to
    Little India
    National Orchid Garden is the major attraction within the botanical gardens of Singapore
    Orchard Road is a major shopping street in the city of Singapore
    Thian Hock Keng Temple is the most important and oldest temples of Singapore,

4. liza

liza New Member

Singapore Zoo, Boat Quay, Little India, Chinatown and Sentosa. You must go to see China Town

5. lizwarner

lizwarner New Member

I love little india and china town! :) Next time I go there, I'll make sure to drop by sentosa

6. munirfarhan

munirfarhan New Member

Jurong Bird Park
    Sentosa Island
    Singapore River Canoe
    Walking around the City
    Ethnic Neighbourhoods (Arab/Indian/Chinese)
    Shopping around Orchard Road
    Food

7. Christopher01

Christopher01 New Member

1. For history of Singapore and Asia, visit Images of Singapore, Asian Civilisations Museum or National Museum of Singapore.
    2. For parks and gardens, go to Singapore Botanic Gardens and National Orchid Garden.
    3. For food, try our unofficial national dish chicken rice, chilli crabs and Singapore Sling
    4. For kids, they sure like Singapore Zoo, Night Safari and Jurong Bird Park.
    5. For a unique experience, visit a wet market at the basement of Chinatown Complex, take a cruise down Singapore River.
    6. For nightspots, go to Clarke Quay or Boat Quay.
    7. For party and dance, go to St James Power Station or Zouk.
    8. For Shopping, go to Mustafa Centre, Chinatown, Little India or Orchard Road.

8. hey there,
    if you wanna see the most local parts of Singapore as compared to the ones mentioned above which are rather touristy , consider

1) Changi Village- take a walk at the boardwalk
    2) West Mall-one of the nicest neighbourhood shopping malls in singapore
    3) Bedok Simpang - the food there is great
    4) Bedok Reservoir- take a walk there

Hope this helped haha

9. Christopher01

Christopher01 New Member

Sentosa Island - One of the most popular islands of Singapore. The places to visit at this island are the Underwater World, the Merilon, the Volcano Island, the Fantasy Island, Fort Siloso, Butterfly Market and Insect Kingdom, Museum, Maritime Museum, Central Beach and the Sentosa Orchid Garden.

China Town - Well known for the ancient temples and the old shop houses that sell antique pieces as well as other kinds of products, which you can pick up as a souvenir from this nation.

Little India - Markets and shop that display Indian products and at this place just gorge on the delicious Indian cuisine that has been made with Indian spices.

Kampong Glam - It features the Sultan Mosque, largest mosque of the nation/country/island of Singapore that was constructed in the year 1928 and the Istana Kampong Glam that got converted to the Malay heritage park.

Geylang Serai - Hub of the community of the Malay.

Singapore Discovery Center - It got inaugurated in the year 1996 on the 23rd of June.
    Haw Par Villa - The most fascinating park of this nation.

A few other places to visit are the Singapore Zoo, the other islands, the Carlsburg Sky Tower and others as well.

The interesting things to do at Singapore are:
    Singapore prefer to remain awake all night as the residents like to party till the wee hours of the morning at the discos and the pubs that play jazz/ rock/pop songs that would compel you to shake a leg with the rest of the crowd.

For shop alcoholics Orchard Road is the best place to be and shopping at this place is going to be an experience that you would treasure for the rest of your life.

Dine at the most reputed restaurants and pamper your taste buds by opting for restaurants that serve excellent sea - food or international cuisine or Chinese cuisine.

Check out the multiplexes for a movie or the theatres for a musical play or other kinds of plays.
    Pump in your adrenalin by opting for various adventure sports such as the skyride or opt to drive the Sentosa Luge. Make use of the golfing facilities if you are associated with this sport or just fond of it.

10. parklandgroupohio

parklandgroupohio New Member

I've been to Singapore a couple of times and here are the places I've been to that I recommend:

> Sentosa Island (Songs of the Sea, The Luge, etc. The Underwater World is also in Sentosa)
    > Night Safari
    > Jurong Bird Park
    > Merlion Park, Marina Bay
    > Singapore Flyer (it's is taller than the London Eye)
    > Little India
    > Clark Quay - best place to hang out with friends
    > Orchard Road - you can shop for high-end stuffs here, like Gucci, Chanel, LV, etc.

Now, you can also go to Marina Bay Sands Skypark and Universal Studios.

11. trishasharma

trishasharma New Member

These are the places to see in singapore.

1. Sentosa Island
    2. Night Safari
    3. Jurong Bird Park
    4. Merlion Park, Marina Bay
    5. Singapore Flyer
    6. Little India
    7. Clark Quay
    8. Orchard Road

12. peter

peter New Member

Singapore is very neat and clean country. This can easily attract everyone because of it's beauty and amazing architecture. Top places of Singapore are:Singapore flyer, China Town, Little India, Singapore zoo, National Orchid Garde etc.

13. Destinee Hobbs

Destinee Hobbs New Member

I enjoy Singapore Botanic Garden because it relaxes me looking at different species of colorful flowers :)

14. Vikramkhanna

Vikramkhanna New Member

There are many places to visit in Singapore, but if you have limited time don't forget to visit this amazing attractions listed below:
    • Singapore Zoo
    • Universal Studios
    • National Orchid Garden
    • Marina Bay
    • Flower Dome