best sightseeing in Uruguay

Discussion in 'Uruguay' started by MisterP, Jan 25, 2011.

1. MisterP

MisterP New Member

I am looking for ideas for what to do in Uruguay during my trip here. where you guys recommend going to find the best sightseeing opportunities?

2. Danny

Danny Moderator

No doubt, Montevideo! Montevideo is like Buenos Aires very Europe-like so it has a very modern and sleek feel to it. Also, most of the top tourist attractions in Uruguay are located in Montevideo.

For instance, you will find here the Rambla, which is a thirteen-mile roadway that runs alongside the city’s coastline. Not far from there, you have the Plaza de la Constitucion, which is the heart in Montevideo, and where the National History Museum can be found.

3. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

I love the name Montevideo. That sounds very poetic. This capital city is packed with things to do and places to see. If you want to find out about Montevideo, check out this Montevideo article.

4. Garr

Garr New Member

The best of Uruguay is the eastern coast. Punta del Diablo might be the place you can set base on and take day trips to SAnta Teresa, Cabo Polonio and Valizas. I did the sandboarding on march and it was great.