Best ski resorts in Australia

Discussion in 'Australia' started by 12sd, Sep 29, 2008.

1. 12sd

12sd New Member

hi, which are best ski resorts of Australia and when is the best time to visit? I'm planning my next vacation to Australia in 2009, so suggest some best ski resorts in Australia with details, so that I'll plan accordingly, advance thanks for all suggestions.

2. Andrew

Andrew Moderator

I have been to Australia for about 6 times and visited almost all the popular ski resorts of Australia. Some of the popular ski resorts are Charlotte Pass, Dinner Plain, Falls Creek, Mt. Baw Baw, Mt. Buffalo, Mt. Bulle, Mt. Hotham, Perisher Blue,Selwyn Snowfields, Thredbo & Victorian Alps. My favourite ski resorts are Perisher Blue, Thredbo and Victorian Alps. The best time to visit these resorts is between June and August.

Victorian Alps is located in the north east of Victoria. During my Melbourne tour I have visited this place, it's only 4 hrs drive from Melbourne and easily accessible by car. This resort offers excellent skiing in winter and rock climbing, fishing, water skiing, canoeing, mountain biking, sailing and horse riding the rest of the year.

Thredbo is located 6 hours from Melbourne and opens 365 days a year. This year-round resort has the longest ski run with 3 kms. The popular things to do here are t he 17 ski-lifts and more than 70 km of runs, Mountain biking along the summer trails and fly fishing for trout in the Thredbo River.

And if you plan to go to Perisher Blue, then fly to Sydney and drive to this resort, it's only takes 5 – 6 hours drive time. An entry fee must be paid to enter the roads into the national park of Kosziuszko. Visit weather page before you make a move.

Australia is a great destination for all types of holidays especially for ski holidays, so enjoy your vacation in Australia.

3. 12sd

12sd New Member

wow, is it? so i can book my ticket to Melbourne, so that it will be easy for me to travel. First I'm going to visit Victorian Alps, as a ski lover it's really really exciting...!

4. shellyb

shellyb New Member

hi 12sd, I had a good time at Snowy,which is located in southern New South Wales, i think everyone loves it. I reached this Snowy mountain by road with in 5 hours from Sydney. It offers great water skiing too and this winter playground is perfect for picnic and great getawys. If you’re coming to Sydney or Canberra then organise a ski package and enjoy your favourite activities among mountain climbing, cross country skiing and downhill ski runs. don't miss this wonderful skiing spot while you are in Australia.

5. khatrineluz

khatrineluz New Member

Search on google Thredbo... They have detailed infos on the weather and ski resorts... Enjoy!