Best surfing beaches

Discussion in 'Beaches' started by mitraveler, Nov 13, 2013.

1. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

Attention surfers, what would you say is the best beach for surfing? Where do you like to go catch a wave? Do you like to go to the legendary beaches in Hawaii or Costa Rica? Or do you like going off the beaten path for the best surfing beaches?

2. Ultimatum22

Ultimatum22 New Member

SoCal surfing beaches

that's a hard one...there are hundreds of these places, of course some more popular than others. For me,southern California is where surfing is at, though the only thing about SoCal is that it is so crowded because their weather is good year round!

3. queengurads

queengurads New Member

In Costa Rica, my top pick would be Playa Guiones, which is one of the best surfing beaches in the world. In continental USA I would agree California is the best choice for surfing. In Europe I would prefer France Bay of Biscaya. Hossegor, Biarritz and sourundings are very nice surfspots.

4. everybodyfee

everybodyfee New Member

Superbanks in Australia's Gold Coast has superb breaks for the ride of your life, though the only drawback is that you can only access this beach by taking the 1-long walk. Another top surfing beach is Oahu's Pipeline..this beach is no doubt the daddy of all waves and you have to be a top surfer to enjoy this one!

5. melliset

melliset New Member

I think the best and most consistent waves are on the west coasts of Central America, Mexico (mainland) and Southern Baja, there are great waves all over the world, but some only break at certain times of the year.