best time to travel to Isla Mujeres

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by Ultimatum22, May 22, 2013.

1. Ultimatum22

Ultimatum22 New Member

Having been to Isla a few times (twice in June/July and three times in November), I wanted to advice fellow travelers looking to travel to Isla Mujeres for vacation. November is best because of cheap prices and low humidity, though remember it's still hurricane season in Isla Mujeres (be sure to purchase trip insurance, particularly for the early part of November)

2. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

Have you had any experience with travel insurance? I'm not sure I'd know where and how to buy it. Is that different than the protections you get with a credit card? November is late in the season, but there still could be plenty of bad weather in Isla Mujeres and Cancun.

3. Ultimatum22

Ultimatum22 New Member

Travel Guard is a reputable travel insurance provider so I'd suggest them. I usually dont buy insurance when I travel to Isla Mujeres, but only when traveling during hurricane season. Also, if you're going to do a lot of diving and want to buy insurance I suggest buying thru Divers Alert Network.

4. Df.Tommi

Df.Tommi New Member

Summer in Isla Mujeres is the low season and hotel rates are reduced competitively but like everyone else has said the weather in November/December is nice, hurricane season has ended and the weather is beautiful. End of November and beginning of December is also when the Festival of the Virgin takes place.