best time to travel to Sydney

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Zimplethings, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Zimplethings

Zimplethings New Member

hello,

I am under the impression that any time would be a good time to visit Sydney...am I wrong in thinking this? when would you think is best to travel to Sydney?

2. Ruby

Ruby Guest

You wouldn't be wrong in assuming this about Sydney. In fact, weather is great over there, though bear in mind that Sydney is in the Southern Hemisphere so the seasons are inverted.

I would avoid traveling to Sydney between December and February since it's their summer so crowds will be huge and ticket flights more expensive.

I've been to Sydney a few times and in my opinion, I can safely say that May through September is the best time, especially in July when accommodation is and airfare deals will be cheaper.

3. moore01

moore01 New Member

The best time to visit Sydney really depends on what you want to see, do, experience.

It could certainly be during the Australian summer which starts on December 1 and ends on the last day of February.

4. alansteve548

alansteve548 New Member

If we take the weather is the reason summer is not good to visit the Sydney, But at the time of Christmas and the new year celebrations are very nice at the Sydney.

5. johnto20

johnto20 New Member

Feb/March is usually warm, but very humid as well. Recommend December/January weather wise.

6. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

The Sydney weather is more mild than other places in the country. It is mild and sunny most of the year with many days full of sunshine