best time to visit belarus

Discussion in 'Belarus' started by Book-of-Elijah, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Book-of-Elijah

Book-of-Elijah New Member

hiya, we'd lie to visit eastern Europe again this year and we are considering a trip to Belarus..we've never been there so I appreciate any info and insight on best time to visit and where to stay?

2. Ruby

Ruby Guest

In my opinion, the best time to visit Belarus is between May and September, preferably in June, as the weather in June is most pleasant.

If you travel in May and late September, flights and accommodation will be cheaper but the weather can be unpredictable with snow flurries and cold temperatures, so take this into consideration.

Where to stay? The capital of Minsk is the place to be and it's a really beautiful city with lots of cultural attractions. By the way, if you are interested in culture, you may look forward to see ballet and opera performances of a very high class in Minsk.

3. John Dennis

John Dennis New Member

the best time to visit belarus will have to be summer. Hrodna is one of the most charming towns to visit, as well as Mir Town, which is home to a number of outstanding castles, churches and chapels.

Minsk, the country’s capital, is an interesting place, filled with old architectural buildings that are strong reminders of a soviet past.

Have fun!

4. Amydiaz11

Amydiaz11 New Member

May to September it is warm in Belarus and from December to March it is snowfall time. If you wish to see snowfall you can go on any month from December to March.. It will be fun to play in the snow.

5. Ellen_zoneth

Ellen_zoneth New Member

I am agree with you Ruby... May to September is the best time to visit Belarus.

6. sophiewilson

sophiewilson New Member

June and July are the sunniest months making them the ideal months for a vacation in Belarus. Belarus is kind of expensive so you can look for an apartment if you plan to stay for a long time.