best time to visit Saudi Arabia

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by qlopanl, Jul 20, 2009.

1. qlopanl

qlopanl New Member

hi,

We've never being to the mid-east before and we'd like to travel to Saudi Arabia. When is it the best time to travel to Saudi Arabia?

2. VacationBuddy

VacationBuddy Administrator

hi there,

The best time to visit Saudi Arabia is between November and February. From mid-April until October, average daily temperatures regularly top 40°C, with high humidity in the coastal regions to boot.

It’s appreciably cooler in the Asir Mountains and around Taif all year. In the dead of winter (December to January), temperatures in the main cities (except Jeddah) will drop into the teens during the day and even hit zero in some places overnight.

Hope this helps
    Vacationbuddy

3. qlopanl

qlopanl New Member

thanks vacationbuddy!

4. gabdegale

gabdegale New Member

best time to go to Saudi Arabia

I'd agree with Vacationbuddy that the best time to go to Saudi Arabia would be during months March, April, October and November as weather would be more comfortable.

However, there are other good times to visit Saudi Arabia, especially if you want find cheaper flights such as the summer months and early winter.

5. aleman

aleman New Member

visiting Saudi Arabia during the Hajj

Saudi Arabia is one of the few places where expats outnumber tourists, but if you're planning to visit during the Hajj be aware that millions of Muslims from all over the world will make a pilgrimage to Mecca, which is the holiest city in Islam.

If you visit Saudi Arabia during the Hajj, remember that Saudis take their religion very seriously, and that their governed by Sharia law, so it's important that you become familiar with Islamic customs and laws to avoid any troubles.

6. mjj

mjj New Member

Dharan in July

When I was in Dharan last July, the temperature on landing at the airport at 4 PM was a mind-blowing 48°C. In fact, the temperature in Dharan was well within the high 40s most of the time I was there, so that you should give you an idea how hot it can get during the simmer months.

Overall weather is hot and humid in SA but one good thing about Saudi Arabia is that almnost everything is air conditioned and that includes homes, cars, shopping malls, recreation centers, etc.

7. ramprasad1989

ramprasad1989 New Member

The best time to visit Saudi Arabia is between November and February. From mid-April until October, average daily temperatures regularly top 40°C, with high humidity in the coastal regions to boot.

It’s appreciably cooler in the Asir Mountains and around Taif all year. In the dead of winter (December to January), temperatures in the main cities (except Jeddah) will drop into the teens during the day and even hit zero in some places overnight.

8. rafabenitez

rafabenitez New Member

Riyadh in October

I cant speak for the rest of the country but I think Riyadh is amazing place to be. It's a true oasis city in the middle of the desert with lots of culture, history, and beautiful buildings.

I was in Riyadh in October and I thought it was a nice time to visit the city as the weather wasn't scorching hot. However, we did get lots of thunderstorms in the evening but they were a welcome sight as they really cool down everything.

Btw, if you are not keen or interested in ancient civilizations, ruins and Saudi Arabian kingdoms, you will probably not like Riyadh.

9. eventhorizon

eventhorizon New Member

visiting Mecca for Umrah in March

if you are planning on visiting Mecca for Umrah in March I can advise you on hotels close to Al-Haram that are clean and reasonably priced such as Abraj Mecca In Mecca and Al Taqwa in Medina.

As far as the forbidden zones for non-Muslims, the division between Muslim and non-Muslim in Madinah is the main road, though if you happen to stray into the limit, people will not check on you or do anything so don't worry. If you do want to visit the grand Prophets Mosque, you will need to be accompanied by an Islam friend who will be able t show you.

10. qlopanl

qlopanl New Member

when visiting Saudi Arabia...

When in Saudi Arabia you should respect their culture and dress-codes so no flip-flops or tank shorts. Trust me, they will appreciate it...even then, it's just plain polite when you go somewhere else to respect the rules there so if you're a woman make sure you cover up.

They also prohibit photography in public places, and taking pictures of local people so you're already warned. Also, if you do travel to Saudi Arabia during Ramadan watch out for the traffic jams during the holy month of Ramadan as it's just beyond your wildest imagination, as no other city's traffic compares to it!

11. olbasMC

olbasMC New Member

avoid Riyadh in the summer

I cant speak for the entire country, but I've been to Saudi in June and it was way too hot and dry with no rainfall at all. I think the average day temperature was 50 degree Celsius and at night it was 35 degrees Celsius...luckily all hotels, shops and indoor places have air cons, otherwise, I could've died;)

Al I would add that on most summer evenings Riyadh gets thunderstorms which lead to cooler evenings and nights. However, I would still advise you to avoid visiting Riyadh during the summer season especially in June and August.

12. fitter4

fitter4 New Member

relocating to Saudi Arabia with family

If you plan to bring your wife and kids to Saudi Arabia for work purposes, you need to know that you have to be granted a married status contract by your employer that allows you to bring your child. Saying this, if you are hired on a family status contract then your family is allowed to join you after you have completed your probationary period (usually 90 days).

As far as education goes, the public schools in the kingdom are exclusively meant for Saudi and Arab children so,your kids will have to attend either international schools in the Kingdom or boarding schools abroad.