best time to visit the Taj Mahal

Discussion in 'India' started by hazard999, Dec 8, 2010.

1. hazard999

hazard999 New Member

we're planning a trip to New Delhi India, though it's always been a dream of mine to visit the Taj Mahal..when is the best time to visit the Taj Mahal and how much is the entrance fee?
  2. Danny

Danny Moderator

There is no really a best time to visit Taj Mahal when it comes to weather so you can visit it any time of the year. Having said this, the peak season for visits to Taj Mahal is during the winter (from October to March) so, you can expect lots of crowds.

When you visit the Taj Mahal in the morning you will see a lovely pinkish glow around it. As the day passes, the pinkish glow turns into milky white by the evening under the moonlight.

Different times of the day offer a different chance to photograph the Taj so, I'd suggest visiting the Taj Mahal noth day and night.

By the way, the entrance fee is inexpensive, around $8.
    NothingMatters likes this.
  3. Rakhi-Chowdhary

Rakhi-Chowdhary New Member

Visiting Agra to see Taj Mahal and taking images on full-moon day is best, awesome, do not miss to shot photographs on full-moon day during night.
  4. whereingreece

whereingreece New Member

full-moon day is best, awesome, do not miss to shot photographs on full-moon day during night.
  5. ilmi9

ilmi9 New Member

yah full moon day will be best for visiting Taj Mahal
  6. devikasinghds

devikasinghds New Member

I agreed! You can see Taj around year but in the summer there may be some problem so enjoy your visit in winter. And also try to see in Moon light view.
  7. Piyush

Piyush New Member

The best time to visit TAJ MAHAL is in winters,when the sky looks little bit reddish and small amount if moon light starts emitting, you can even imagine it, this moment was awesome to visit it.
  8. darthvanderjon1

darthvanderjon1 New Member

I agree totally with Piyush. And the entry fee is nominal, so you don't have to worry about that. Just visit the place in winters.
  9. deepakbisht

deepakbisht New Member

best time to see the Taj Mahal

I think the best time to see the Taj Mahal isn't during the summer season, (April to September) because it will be extremely hot, nor during the winter because winter mornings will be rather foggy, so it will be hard to see the sunrise.

If I were you I'd visit the Taj in March at night when there is a full moon, which really brings out all the grand splendor of the Taj Mahal with a wonderful pearl and silvery glow.
  10. Deepali87

Deepali87 New Member

Taj Mahal is truly a wonder but in summer marble becomes too hot. As you have to walk bare foot so try visiting in Winters. When I visited it first time I remember, it was winter morning. It looked so beautiful in fog as if it is on the sky.
  11. bmd

bmd Guest

We visit India almost on a yearly basis. My husband is from New Delhi, and that's generally our original destination. Without mincing words, summer can be just stifling, even if you are accustomed to hot weather. It's a dry heat and mostly unbearable without some shade and a place to get inside for a little air conditioning, so this is something to be aware of.

Similarly, the best time to visit the Taj Mahal tends to gravitate towards cooler weather. Without the sun searing down, it is a nearly magical experience. During the day, the best time to go to the Taj Mahal would most likely be early morning or late afternoon, evening, when the heat will have dissipated somewhat. Operating hours run from 6 am to 7pm, and prices will vary somewhat. The last time we went, locals were charged 25 Rs. and foreign visitors were being charged 25 USD, but that was for a ticket to visit four other attractions in addition to the Taj Mahal.

Those who choose to visit early morning or evening have really chosen the best time to see the Taj Mahal, because this is when the color of the stone is really brought to life.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2011
  12. gaurav467

gaurav467 New Member

Taj Mahal is simply dazzling, and changes with every passing hour, reflecting a different aura in different seasons. Also, the visual beauty of the Taj Mahal is at its peak during sunrise, sunset, and under the full moon night.
  13. aaryanjadon

aaryanjadon New Member

I think summer and near this weather time is the best time for visit Taj Mahal.
  14. situatgfe4

situatgfe4 New Member

best time to see the Taj Mahal

sunrise and sundown are a good time to see the Taj not only because you can take better photos, but also because of the crowds. You will find less crowds early in the least I did the day we saw it, the Taj was as clear as crystal, with no haze; however, I have heard that at some times of year it can be foggy in the morning. I don't know if this is true though
  15. Reena J

Reena J New Member

February should be fine...
  16. keralahmart

keralahmart New Member

any time you can visit but try to visit in summer season when there is a full moon and no moon in the sky best time to visit as i know
  17. PamelaWalker

PamelaWalker New Member

The best time to see it is in the full moon light. Taj shimmer like fairytale castle. Many tourist visit this wonderful place around this time.
  18. khushboo

khushboo New Member

Taj mahal is a peace of architecture beauty. It looks so beautiful but see in full moon day gives the awsome experience.
  19. Cristina poss

Cristina poss New Member

You can visit Taj Mahal any time during the year.
  20. destinationsindia

destinationsindia New Member

I think full-moon day is best is best for visiting Taj Mahal.