Best time to visit Walt Disney World

Discussion in 'Florida' started by wanderer, Mar 30, 2012.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

What would you say is the best time to visit Walt Disney World? I'm betting it's rather busy right now for spring break. And then it gets too humid in the summertime. So I'm not sure when we should go.

2. onthelaptod

onthelaptod New Member

visit Disney right after the holidays

I can start by saying when it would be not a good time to be in WDW...avoid the holidays, weekends, summer months. Good times to visit Disney would be in January, right after school starts back following the holidays; and late April, right after spring break.

3. The Travel Slut

The Travel Slut 6 continents, 83 countries & 60 cruises so far

Best time can mean several things---based on lowest attendance, best weather, and even most events occurring at a specific time,

Lowest attendance has traditionally been the 3 weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas and the time between easter and end of school.

Weatherwise---late fall/early spring as the heat and humidty of summer bothers some---BUT, that is also the rainy season and you can find some of the lowest attendance during rainy times.

Events-wise....Epcots Food and Wine festival draws many 1000's more attendees every year and Christmas/new Year events pack WDW also.

4. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Thanks for your advice, onthelaptod. It makes perfect sense to go right after spring break. Great idea! I'm liking early in the year too when the weather is cooler.

5. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

All good advice. I traveled in October last time I went and the weather was nice. It was busy, but not so annoying that we didn't have a good time.