best travel camera options

Discussion in 'Destination360 Copyright and DMCA settlements' started by Olbas3409, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Olbas3409

Olbas3409 New Member

For me the Olympus OM-D E-M10. with Oly 12-40mm f2.8 PRO lens and Oly 60mm f2.8 macro is the best option for traveling around as they are all compact, easy to carry, and produce great results. Price for a body about $800.

My Second choice is the Canon SL-1 DSLR which is also quite light in weight and easy to carry around all day. Best of all, with this camera model you can use any Canon lens. Price for a body is about $550 so it's in your budget range.

2. MikeMachida

MikeMachida New Member

I prefer taking my pocket travel zoom digital camera - PowerShot SX260 HS - because of its 20x optical zoom optical and 12-megapixel sensor. The image quality is good enough to output a 16 x 20-inch print!

3. ohnogoon

ohnogoon New Member

There are plenty of great little compact cameras out there. If you can splash out a bit of cash, I would go with the Canon PowerShot G16. It's fast, light, quality-build, packed with features and user-friendly.

4. radiotulip

radiotulip New Member

I use a Canon 60D body

I am not a pro but I use a Canon 60D body with L series lens 24-78/f 4.8 as it's not too heavy to carry and offers a good compromise of shot quality. I do also carry a tripod around for when I get too tired to take shots and use the landscape presetting for outdoors and manual mode for indoor shots rather than bothering to adjust settings all the time.

5. d360

d360 Administrator

Sony A7000

Check out the Sony A7000. mirrorless camera. Its awesome and if I wasn't so invested in Nikon lens this would be my next body.

6. Otiik

Otiik New Member

The Sony A7000 is great if you want a full-frame sensor on a small body but If you are a JPEG or Auto ISO shooter who likes capturing quick shots, I wouldn't recommend it.