Best U.S. Boardwalks

Discussion in 'Illinois' started by Vicolette, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Ok, everybody has their favorite. My niece likes the Navy Pier. I'm partial to the Daytona Boardwalk while my mom enjoyed Coney Island back in the day. I remember the Virginia Beach Boardwalk as a young girl and the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk and Ocean City in Maryland are two I'd like to visit. Where is your favorite boardwalk destination location?

2. The Travel Slut

The Travel Slut 6 continents, 87 countries & 64 cruises so far

My favorite still remains the Santa Cruz, California Beach & Boardwalk for it's old time flavor and flair plus a great beach, reasonable accomodations locally, and lots to see and so in the nearby areas of north Monterey County or south San Francisco areas.

There is even an annual surf festival, vintage car (Woodies) competition and the best salt water taffy and Giant Dipper roller coaster on the west coast. http://www.beachboardwalk.com/

3. werttdd

werttdd New Member

Best U.S. Boardwalks: wildwood in new jersey

When I think of US boardwalks, I think of east coast's wildwood in new jersey..i think it's one of the most popular and kitschiest boardwalks in the country and being two-mile long, it has everything you could want, from funnel cakes to game houses, and enough amusement rides to rival Disneyland.

4. donaldsons

donaldsons New Member

One of my favorite ones is the Brooklyn’s Coney Island Boardwalk because of the 1920 Ferris wheel and Luna Park amusement park which has cool spinning roller coaster called the Tickler. I also love Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk because of its similarities to Coney Island (I believe SC Beach boardwalk was meant to be the Coney Island of the West).

5. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator