Best Vacation Spots in Texas

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Vicolette, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Texas is one cool state but it reminds me of Florida with its expansive and flat layout. Also, the driving situation is similar to Florida where you must drive forever and a day just to get from point a to point b. Anyway, I visited Dallas/Fort Worth on business so I didn't get a chance to see very much and also some time in Houston for pleasure and enjoyed the city. My favorite spot was Galveston. Where would you all suggest the best vacation spots in Texas to be?

2. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

Dallas is pretty spiffy. There's a whole bunch of things to do right by the downtown core. So you can see a lot without having to spend a lot of time driving around. I really like that about Dallas...of course the weather is pretty dreadful in the summer, but it's still a good time to visit Downtown Dallas.

3. tweetme

tweetme New Member

Texas is one of the finest place that everyone love to be visited because of the best scenery like the Port Aransas which the waves get to over 6 feet, The Alamo a museum with lined with beautiful landscape. You can walk through and look at all the wonderful artifacts and things people have discovered from the ruins.

That is the reason why people love to visit Texas.

4. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

I was sorry I didn't get to see more of Dallas. I know there's a lot going on there. Houston was fun. Another city I'd like to visit when I make it back to Texas is Corpus Christi. Plenty of places to go and things to see. I'd especially like to visit the USS Lexington Museum on the Bay.