Best Way Of Travel To UK

Discussion in 'France' started by renald, Nov 7, 2011.

1. renald

renald New Member

I am planning to visit the UK next month with my family for 3 weeks. Can anyone suggest good places to explore and best travelling mode? Are travel packages are affordable?

2. likethat2

likethat2 New Member

best way to get around in the UK

hey renald...train is the best way to explore the UK, and I suggest buying unlimited train travel in advance before you come here.

Apart from the train, you might find megabus do cheap tickets (£1-5) to some locations, and many towns and counties have cheap local bus travel, often with the option of daily, weekly or monthly travel passes. National Express coaches go to more places, but are a bit more expensive.

btw, are you planning to spend Christmas in the UK?

3. imaginede

imaginede New Member

busing the UK

Arriva operates local bus services throughout Great Britain. In most cases these are just town and city routes but there are some useful bus routes that connect towns and villages over a larger rural area.

Green Line operate coach services between London and the Home Counties. The most useful service for most travellers is route 757, which runs between London and Luton Airport.

National Express is the only real national bus network with services to over 1200 destinations in England, Scotland and Wales. They serve most towns and villages and have particularly good service between the major cities.

4. renald

renald New Member

Re: best way to get around in the UK

thanks for your reply.

5. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

It does make sense to plan ahead and get those train tickets. And likely, you can save money if you buy your tickets in advance. Then you have the advantage of having time to compare and think about things.

6. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

Unlimited rides would be really nice. That way, you only have one transaction, which is nice if you have to pay to exchange fees each time.

7. Davidson

Davidson New Member

One can go for the unlimited rides and exchange fees each time with ferries. They are comfortable and economical to relax while travelling in a vacation.