best way to book a cruise

Discussion in 'Cruises' started by meliahopkin, Sep 29, 2010.

1. meliahopkin

meliahopkin New Member

My hubby and I want to go on our first cruise. What is the best way to book a cruise? how do I get the best deal? Do I do it through a travel agent, online, directly with the cruise line?

Any recommendations are appreciated!!

2. Danny

Danny Moderator

The best way to book a cruise depends. I find that dealing with a travel agent face-to-face makes booking a cruise for the first time a rather enjoyable experience.

Travel agents normally guarantee your itinerary, pricing, and insurance in case something goes wrong, and they can explain every detail to you and work out side trips, etc.

You can get better cruise packages online but the experience isn't the same as you're not dealing with a human. Either way, you'll get the best deals during school terms so book wisely.

3. The Travel Slut

The Travel Slut 6 continents, 87 countries & 64 cruises so far

You would be best booking with a trusted or experienced travel agent who has actually cruised before as TA's can locate prices not found elsewhere (online, etc) and can sometimes add you to a group where you may enjoy perks not normally provided to guests who booked by themselves. TA's bookings sometimes get upgrades also...just a thought.