best way to explore Detroit

Discussion in 'Michigan' started by lohanL, Jun 11, 2010.

1. lohanL

lohanL New Member

hiya,

Our family will be heading up to Michigan this year and we wanted to check out Detroit attractions, museums, etc..what's the best way to explore Detroit?

thanks

2. VacationBuddy

VacationBuddy Administrator

Hi there,

One of the best way to explore Detroit it's on the Detroit metro-train. The people mover takes you around the city on a one-way route and features stops at different points of interest such as the Greektown and the city's Riverwalk where you can take in views of Windsor and Detroit along the Detroit River.

Attraction-wise, don't miss visiting the Detroit Zoo in nearby Royal Oak and the Henry Ford Museum, which houses some of the great American exhibits.

Hope this helps
    Vacationbuddy

3. bibimbap22

bibimbap22 New Member

These attractions tell a lot about Detroit, but if you've got the time to dig a little deeper, stop by one of the city's fantastic BBQ restaurants or take the kids to the Eastern Market and check out the local, fresh produce

4. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

There's a lot of great things to do in Detroit. I usually drive when I got to Detroit. I love the zoo a whole bunch, and the Henry Ford is truly one of a kind. It's in suburban Dearborn, so it's a bit of a haul. It's totally worth the trip and the traffic.