best way to visit and get around DC

Discussion in 'Maryland' started by Voulong-Tran, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Voulong-Tran

Voulong-Tran New Member

Here it's a tip for anyone visiting DC from Baltimore. the best way to visit Washington DC is by public transportation. Forget driving because it's a nightmare. You can either get on an Amtrak train or MARC to Washington, though Amtrak is quicker and a bit more comfortable than MARC but, of course, Amtrak costs more. once there, I suggest getting on the Tourmobile, which will take you on a guided tour of the major attractions around the National Mall, with free on-and-off privileges.

2. NicolaHko

NicolaHko New Member

MARC and Amtrak are good options for sure but Amtrak trains tend to be more reliable, while MARC trains run more frequently, though MARC trains do not run on weekends. I personally prefer using the Metrobus but I suggest using the Metrobus only on weekends and weekdays between 9:30am and 4pm and 7-10pm to avoid the heavy gridlocks.

3. Ghoyst

Ghoyst New Member

Amtrak is great when trains dont get delayed, which they often do. Amtrak tickets are also ridiculously expensive For me, the best way to get to downtown DC is by catching the Shuttle Bus + MARC Train combination, which takes the same amount of time as the Shuttle Bus (B30) + Metro from Greenbelt combination.