Best ways to save money on ski trips

Discussion in 'Ski Areas' started by wanderer, Feb 28, 2012.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

What's your advice for the best ways to save money on ski trips?

2. KipperFG

KipperFG New Member

saving money on ski trips

besides buying a ski pass for the year...I would suggest booking a ski package. All ski resorts offer very good packages and slashed deals to entice you, and you should take advantage of them.Make sure the ski package includes things like ski gear rental, lift passes, and hotel accomodation to maximize your savings:)

3. FXG

FXG New Member

to save money on ski vacations

personally, if you really want to save money go where the crowds aren't. Vail, Blackcomb and Breckenridge are the best ski areas in the US but you can guarantee that they will always draw huge crowds making prices too expensive. Best you check out smaller ski towns like Montana's Bridger Bowl and Colorado's Wolf Creek, where the terrain is superb, yet you can get lift tickets for as little as $50.

4. Xena-6778

Xena-6778 New Member

ski vacation tips

my tip would be to go midweek... Midweek doesn’t only mean less crowds. It also translates to lower hotel room rates and less two-night minimums. Also, try local mountains when booking big ski trips rather than big resorts..you'll be amazed at the savings!

5. 1stplace

1stplace New Member

leave your skis at home

I'd suggest no to take your skis with you on vacation because most airlines now are charging extra for checked bags and rental equipment, which is a bummer! Still, you may actually end up saving money by leaving the skis at home since most resorts include ski rentals in their packages.

6. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Cheap ski vacations

Thanks for all of your advice on cheap ski vacations! I would add ski close to home at a time when the crowds aren't there. There's more good advice at this article about cheap ski vacations.

Thanks for sharing your wisdom. I love hearing from everyone!

7. juanMarquez

juanMarquez New Member

book separately

im not too sure about than get a package deals...I normally book travel, accommodation, lift passes, and insurance and works out cheaper. Other extras like ski equipment hire, lessons, guiding etc I book while at the ski area.

8. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Thanks for all your information and wisdom about the how to found cheap vacations. What would say were the cheapest places to ski in the US?

9. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

A lot of the small places that you haven't heard about often have great packages and deals, especially at the beginning and the end of the season.