Big Band Bash this Weekend

Discussion in 'North Carolina' started by Vicolette, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Oh, I wish I could be there to hear the Glenn Miller Orchastra playing the tunes from back in the day. The 21st Annual Big Band & Swing Dance Weekend takes place this Friday through Sunday, January 20 through 22, at the beautiful Grove Park Inn Resort & Spa in Asheville, If you're looking for a great weekend getaway, the Inn has a special two-night package. If you just want to come for the show, music, and dancing, tickets are available ranging from $25 to $35 per person for Friday and Saturday.

2. AccessingWebz

AccessingWebz New Member

glenn miller orchestra

I took my dad for his birthday who is a big fan. Can you believe that Tommy Whittle - the saxophonist of the band is 85! Seeing them live again brought back lots of memories for my dad when he used to take my mum to see the Ted Heath Band back in the day. Although the band vary in age I just think it could do with a new band leader that had a bit more jest but that aside we had a good time.

3. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

It says a lot about someone's dedication who is still out and about doing their thing at age 85! Wow. Hope I have that much energy. I'm a huge Tommy Dorsey and Glenn Miller fan, so is my mom who would truly enjoy this bash. Some things get better as they get older and to me, this style of music is one of those things.

4. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

This is so charming! Asheville is quite a wonderful place too...I really loved it when I visited several years back. It is a great place to visit. I really like it's atmosphere.