Bike tours in Cambodia

Discussion in 'Cambodia' started by Vicolette, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Does anyone have first-hand experience doing a guided bike tour in Cambodia? Is this something anyone who can ride a bike can handle or is it very strenuous? How many days would you suggest? I'd love to tour Phnom Penh and especially Angkor Wat. Any information would be appreciated!

2. Zimplethings

Zimplethings New Member

cycle tours in Cambodia

there are many tour operators offering biking tours for 4-5 days. I did the Siem Reap cycle tour with Cambodia Cycling last year and the whole trip was wonderful. My tip would be to take a small carrier bag with insect repellent, sunscreen, and rain jacket because they aren't included on the tour. Everything else is included in the tour accomodation and food. In total, it cost about $400 per person.

3. Vicolette

Thanks so much for the info. I would not have thought to bring any of the items you listed. Definitely can see how these things would make the tour that much more enjoyable! I can only imagine how interesting your tour must have been how beautiful the landscape.

4. Kharmabeatz

Kharmabeatz New Member

booking tours in Cambodia

there are many out there...frankly, i wouldn't worry about having to book a guide/tour ahead of time. Best you wait until after you arrive in Cambodia and take a look around. Mind you, whatever hotel you're staying in might actually be able to work out a tour guide so you could also inquiry this with a hotel before booking.

5. stuartthomas

stuartthomas New Member

Hi Vicolette,

There are many tour & travel agencies in Cambodia but I did hired Indotrek(The Indochina Trekking Company) for my cycling and biking tours around the Cambodia and the whole trip was fantastic .You can go through them.

6. Vicolette

Thanks to everyone for sharing information and advice on booking bike tours. Very helpful. And thanks for the info on Siem Reap. So much to see in Cambodia including the scenic countryside!

7. turtlewaters

turtlewaters New Member

I remember 10 years ago how bumpy and dusty the dirt roads of Cambodia were but now they are smoother and great for biking (even in the wet season). if you can do a cycling tour I'd do it in the Mekong delta as you'll get to go through small villages of Cambodia and finally arriving at Angkor Wat.

8. brayden lyle

brayden lyle New Member

Biking, trekking and kayaking are so interesting activities for the trip to Cambodia. I find Cambodia tours provides quite a few fascinating activites including biking tour.