biking in Boise this summer

Discussion in 'Idaho' started by mcafy00, May 12, 2011.

Tags:
  1. mcafy00

mcafy00 New Member

Going to go out to Boise this summer for a few days to visit a friend and I'd really like to get back in the hills and go exploring. So im taking my bike!

So are there any goo trail systems near Boise? I dont really care about difficulty but I wouldnt mind just a fun chill ride with alot of scenery considering I've never been to Idaho.

any ideas of some cool trails... post up!

2. Ruby

Ruby Guest

There's only two real "trail systems" near Boise that I can think of. There is Little Gem and Black's Creek. Black's Creek is okay, though Little Gem isn't so great as the majority of riding is unmarked trails.

For instance, 8th Street is tight woods and about 15 minutes from Boise, Idaho City is home of the Idaho City 100 ISDE qualifier and lots of ATV trails and singletrack and about an hour from Boise.

If you don't mind a little trip from Boise, the Owyhee Front boasts some of the best biking trails in my opinion. It boasts higher elevation and resembles biking trails in Colorado full of 4x4 roads, ATV trails, singletrack, and if you have a trials bike there's plenty of riding for that too.

The only drawback of the Owyhee Front is that it's 2 hours from Boise and the area is remote so you will need a big car with a big gas tank