Birthday Suprise

Discussion in 'California' started by meddy23, Jun 7, 2007.

1. meddy23

meddy23 New Member

My husbands birthday is in August. Does anyone have any suggestions on places to stay in Northern California? We live in the Chico area and don't have a lot of extra cash to spend. Im interested in camping, cruises or any other low cost ideas.

Thanks

2. ryder

ryder New Member

I've enjoyed camping in the Siskiyous area a few times (though I haven't been in a good 5 years or so). Also, if you've got lots of willing friends you can rent up a houseboat for a weekend or something on Lake Shasta. Never done it but heard good things.

3. Hoboscouts

Hoboscouts New Member

I found one website where it gives you many things to do anywhere in California, but you can choose a region and if you choose the northern region you will see a lot to do. I saw you said your interested in camping the Humboldt Bay National Wildlife Refuge has things to do like boating,fishing,hiking,camping, and you can even ride horses, but that's just one place out of the many places to choose from. Here is the link http://www.visitcalifornia.com/site...sts,+and+Lakes&imageField.x=48&imageField.y=5. Hope you can find something to do and happy birthday to your husband.

4. ShastaCascade

ShastaCascade New Member

Something really cool you may want to do is rent a fire lookout. They have a few here in Northern California and they're really cheap to rent (only like $40). They have great views of surrounding areas. I know there's one near Shasta Lake one in the McCloud area and a couple others. The Forest Service website has more info. Or you if you're ever in Anderson the Welcome Center has brochures and models of what they look like.

5. travelchic

travelchic New Member

So how was it? seeing the post was last year's. :)

6. rjs

rjs New Member

Go to Lake Tahoe. Here are a few sites: virtualtahoe.com/ and tahoesbest.com/. I was there last weekend and stayed in the South Shore at this place: lake-tahoe-california-hotels.com/index. They have a private beach which was nice and the rooms were good.

You can gamble, do outdoor things like golf or just hang out on the Lake. Restaurants were good and there are a few lower cost places to eat nearby too.

7. alex45

alex45 New Member

It is better to stay in home...

8. Englander

Englander New Member

You could treat him to a trip on Amtrak's scenic Coast Starlight. This train stops in Chico and you can go south to Los Angeles or north to Seattle, maybe continuing by train to Vancouver, BC.

9. Shinok87

Shinok87 New Member

stay in monterey there is tons to do and its dairly close to san fran if you want to go there... that is also a great place!!! enjoy

10. Shinok87

Shinok87 New Member

i have done hourseback riding on the beach... that was really fun too!!!