Bollywood tours

Discussion in 'India' started by Rigged3000, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Rigged3000

Rigged3000 New Member

Hi, I am planning a trip to India for later this year and I wanted to ask where exactly Bollywood is? I'd be interested in arranging Bollywood tours while there. How do we arrange this?

2. Jenna

Jenna Moderator

Bollywood is not an actual place but a film company! Sorry to break it to you. If you’re interested in Bollywood tours, you can arrange that as part of your visit to Mumbai where the film company Bollywood is based.

Not sure, what your expectations many be from taking a Bollywood tour, but basically Bollywood tours will teach you about famous about film directors and producers and how Bollywood has evolved.

I wouldn't say that a tour of Bollywood would be the highlight of the trip. Mumbai has so much to offer such as visiting the historical attractions and museums.

3. anuraglidl

anuraglidl New Member

You can surely tour Bollywood on your visit to Mumbai but if you are looking for meeting any star then you have to depend on your luck as if you are lucky then you can meet one else you can only watch them from distance, either shooting or in their cars. But surely will enjoy Mumbai and locals and he nearby places. But remember that Mumbai is a place with good crowd, so you may feel rush in oublic transport. It would be good if you hire a car and then go for exploring it.

4. Deepali87

Deepali87 New Member

Or else you can visit Ramoji film sets at Hyderabed.

5. travellingslacker

travellingslacker New Member

you can visit the film city in Mumbai....
    but please note that while Hindi films are the most well known, almost every state in India has a film industry of its own in the regional languages... So, the Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada, Punjabi, Bengali, Marathi or Assamese film industries have individual identities different from Bollywood.