Borobudur Buddhist Temples

Discussion in 'Indonesia' started by wanderer, Feb 15, 2012.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

One of the most amazing Buddhist Temple complexes can be found in Central Java. Borobudur is a UNESCO World Heritage Site for it's cultural treasures. It's collections of architecture and statues is unparalleled, and it's story is really interesting. UNSECO spearheaded a major restoration in the 70s, saving this ancient site in Borobudur .

2. onthelaptod

onthelaptod New Member

Borobudur Indonesia

If you are going to in Indonesia, you definitely have to visit Borobudur...it's the greatest Bhudist temple in the region in my opinion. The reason I admire this temple so much it's because it's entirely carved in stone, and it's surrounded by volcano scenery. It is really one of the world great wonders !!

3. Em-Em

Em-Em New Member

biggest Budhist temple

java is a wonderful setting for an architectural wonder and yes it's the biggest Budhist temple in the world! I remember counting 11 floors and if you want to visit all the temple, you have to walk almost 3 miles around and climb many steps.

4. tourexplora

tourexplora New Member

Near Borobudur temple, you can also visit Prambanan temple.

5. theexplorateur

theexplorateur New Member

Visiting Indonesia isn't complete without visiting Borobudur Temple is a large, fairly heavily visited temple close to Yogyakarta. Borobudur is magnificent temple in java. It looks really good at the time of sunrise.

6. ukinsurance

ukinsurance New Member

Borobudur Temple is a testimony of Indonesia's greatest historical achievement, remnants of a time when Indonesian culture was at its zenith.