Branson duck tour

Discussion in 'Missouri' started by dlt, Aug 14, 2008.

1. dlt

dlt New Member

hello, do I need to make any reservation for Branson duck tour? I haven't been to Missouri and heard that the duck tour is very popular in Branson, can some one give some suggestions on this duck tour? thanks:)

2. Andrew

Andrew Moderator

The Branson duck tour is one of the most funniest tour of Branson and you can reserve the tickets online. This adventure tour begins by riding on land through downtown Branson then sailing on Lake Taneycomo. It takes approx. 70 minutes through land and water and you can expereince the famous Country Music Boulevard, Table rock lake, Powerhouse, Shepherd of the Hills Fish Hatchery and a beautiful view from the top of Baird Mountain. Each guest of this ride will get a duck billed noise maker as a souvenir. I think this tour is available between March and December, so plan it
    accordingly.

And don't miss to visit the Silver Dollar City theme park, which is the top most attraction of Missouri. It offers family festivals, heart-breaking rides and some wonderful shows for everyyone. So visit this as well. And if you have not booked any hotels then visit Branson hotels page to find out a good place to stay. Hope this helps!

3. cathywoody

cathywoody New Member

This is a little of what I know and heard of Branson duck tour:

Branson duck is a duck tour operator, and an eponymous tourist attraction in US cities such as Baltimore, Branson, San Francisco. It makes use of amphibious vehicles (named "ducks") to provide tours of cities by boat and by land.

Many such services have sprung up in recent years in other major cities including Cincinnati, Boston, Portland, and Toronto.

The actual vehicle is based on the famous WWII DUKW amphibious design. Today, the company builds its vehicles from the ground up to incorporate advances in marine design and safety.

Ride the Ducks supported rescue and evacuation efforts in New Orleans following Hurricane Katrina. They volunteered equipment, crew, and other resources in order to help evacuate residents of the hardest-hit areas.The volunteering team was deemed "invaluable" by those involved in the rescue effort, as the DUKWs were able to safely access areas inaccessible by other means.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2008