bringing the family out to Utah

Discussion in 'Nebraska' started by Alfred2, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Alfred2

Alfred2 New Member

My dad is trying to convince me to bring the family out to Utah for a week or two this summer. Plane tickets are expensive, so we're looking at driving (saving ~$1300 in the process). The quickest route from here (Indiana) to there involves taking I-80 across.

I see that big stretch across Iowa and Nebraska, and I think to myself: "It can't be as bad as I-10 through west Texas, can it?"

Anyone driven this route before? How was it? Anything interesting to see? Keep in mind that I will have a 8 year old and 4 year old in the backseat.

2. Jenna

Jenna Moderator

Iowa isn't bad at all, though driving through Nebraska can be dull! Having said this, In Iowa, you get rolling hills and mildly interesting scenery plus things like The Worlds Largest Truck Stop!

I-80 stretch through Nebraska is commonly regarded as the most boring stretch of interstate in the country, so be prepared! I mean, it's not going to kill you, or anything, but if you're looking for visual stimulation, you won't find it here.

Also,it's way too many miles of flat, uninhabited terrain which you cross on a ruler-straight line. You will not find any more boring driving anywhere (though there are certainly places which are just as boring).