Brisborne or Perth?

Discussion in 'Australia' started by hoffmaal, Jan 23, 2008.

1. hoffmaal

hoffmaal New Member

I am interested in studying abroad but I am having a hard time deciding between these two cities. the universities that I am deciding between are Notre Dame in Fremantle, Queensland University of Technology, and Griffith University. I am 21 years old so I want something that has a young town where I can meet a lot of people that like to go out at night.. I also want to know what the best university choice would be..

2. ftuley

ftuley New Member

I have read that the Bond University is now the best rated University in Australia, after earning the most five-star ratings in the 2008 Good Universities Guide.
    The independent guide awarded the maximum five-star rating to Bond in an unrivalled ten key performance indicators, with the next highest performer being the University of New South Wales .
    Different universities excel in different areas. Popularity of the university depends on individual preferences and perceptions. All universities are government-accredited and internationally recognised.
    I know that The university in the town of Wollongong is less than 10 minutes from some really beautiful beaches, and is only about an hour and a half from Sydney. It has also achieved numerous awards, including- one the top 200 universities in the world by The Times Higher Education Supplement - Quacquarelli Symonds World University Rankings 2006/2007-in the Top 500 world universities by the Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities 2006.
    I think no matter where you go in Australia it will be fun to meet people from different backgrounds. Also the Australians are really nice and fun people to be with. My 16 year old son has been there 3 times in the past two years and can not wait to go back.
    Australia is a great place to go and study. There are heaps of activities you can enjoy doing. If you are planning to go there you won’t regret it!
    Top ten Universities in Australia are:

Rank University
    1 Australian National University
    2 The University of Melbourne
    3 The University of Sydney
    4 The University of Queensland
    5 Monash University
    6 The University of New South Wales
    7 The University of Adelaide
    8 The University of Western Australia
    9 Macquarie University
    10 Queensland University of Technology

According to The Times Higher Education Supplement, 2006:The University of Melbourne, Australiawas rated 5 Top Ten Universities outside Europe and North America. This is about as much as I can tell you.

Hope my answer has been helfpul!

Try using the "build your trip" flight comparsion tool here:Flights to Australia it will
    search multiple websites and get you the best price.
    Links of interest:
    Things To Do in Australia
    Sydney Hotels
    When To Go to Australia

3. CFarrow

CFarrow New Member

Brisbane and Perth are two very different cities. If you're into music, Perth would be better for you as they have quite a vibrant live music scene. If you enjoy really hot weather and beaches then Brisbane would be the place to go. Perth is arty and Brisbane can be quite yobbish.

4. garrys

garrys New Member

I agree with CFarrow. Brisbane has really good beaches but I would say Perth has a better nightlife. Since your going to uni I don't see how you would get time to go to the beaches. If your at uni during the day then by the time you finish it would be night and swimming at night is way too dangerous. Thats why I would say Perth. After a hard day at uni a concert should make you feel better.