Budapest festivals

Discussion in 'Hungary' started by mitraveler, Sep 21, 2012.

1. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

Fall is a fantastic time for festivals in Budapest. Some of the biggest and best events happen during harvest time. The Budapest International Wine Festival in mid-September grows more and more popular every year. Its Wine University is a great way to learn about the beverage and wine culture. There's also a parade and plenty of good food.

If you're after good food...just wait until October for the Budapest Pálinka and Sausage Festival held at the Buda Castle.

What's your favorite???

2. loadingBord

loadingBord New Member

I second the Budapest Wine Festival. It's one of the biggest and most popular events of the year, though you really have to like your wine to enjoy it. Another event I recommend is the Chocolate festival (it happens right after the wine festival). If you have a sweet tooth (like me) you can't miss this one!

3. femiKuti

femiKuti New Member

christmas festivals budapest

December is a good time to be in Budapest for festivals. The Danube Chamber Orchestra has a special concert program for Christmas Day at 8pm on December 25. Also, between November 6 and December 18, the Main Square of Óbuda will host festive programs like concerts, an ice rink and puppet shows on the four weekends of Advent, all free of charge.