Bulgaria for a holiday?

Discussion in 'Bulgaria' started by wayneroonet, Apr 18, 2011.

1. wayneroonet

wayneroonet New Member

Hi everyone,
    we're thinking of going to Bulgaria this year as we've been to all the normal haunts Cyprus, Spain, Portugal, Switzerland so we've decided we'd try somewhere a little different. is Bulgaria the right place?

Now we've got the brochures and had a look through, it all looks really nice but as we don `t know anyone who `s been, we're at a bit of a loss to know where to stay. So any advice would be great.

2. Jenna

Jenna Moderator

I've been to Bulgaria twice and both times I stayed at the golden Sands though there are many more resorts to chose from.

Sunny Beach is the most popular beach in Bulgaria but I found it to be big & brash, and preferred it when we were in Varna, which is more laidback.

Regarding accommodation, you can choose between all inclusive 2* to 5* hotels, and B&B's. We stayed in an all inclusive but did not like the experience so, we stayed in a B&B the second time around and loved it much more.

3. kethrinelopez

kethrinelopez New Member

Holidays to Bulgaria are a tempting affair. The country's landscape sweeps from forested mountains down to fertile plains and a colourful coastline. Golden ribbons of enticing sands contrast with dark jutting cliffs and perilous rocks. Small fishing villages, modern purpose-built resorts and huge international ports share the warm, inviting waters of the Black Sea.

4. erapo

erapo New Member

I would say that Golden Sands is really good for a summer holiday. There you can enjoy luxury hotels. If you want to try something mote historical, Nessebar is the right place for you.

5. purpleJohn

purpleJohn New Member

go to Varna for a holiday

head to Bulgaria's Black Sea - Varna - which is already a firm favourite amongst Bulgarians, and it's fast becoming very popular among westerners looking for a less expensive purpose-built package vacation. I've been there myself a few times and I can tell you that Varna has all the facilities you would expect of a modern resort, yet it is appealingly unique!

6. likeORnot

likeORnot New Member

Varna is lovely

I agree with purpleJohn...Varna has the perfect mix of a beach resort and vibrant city, and it's also within easy reach of other travel brochure resorts like Golden Sands, Albena and St. Constantine. Btw, the stunning Sea Gardens are a must-see...these tree-lined gardens stretch parallel with the beach for miles.

7. breet

breet New Member

i have been Bulgaria once and this is very nice place to visit .

8. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Some activities you might want to include are biking and walking tours, river kayaking tours, rock climbing, nature hiking and snowshoeing if you're in Bulgaria during the snow season.