Bus from Chile

Discussion in 'Chile' started by element70, Aug 19, 2009.

Tags:
  1. element70

element70 New Member

Hi there.
    Never been to South America before so all help is great.
    I want to travel from Antofagasta in North Chile to Cuzco Peru by coach. Any suggestions??
    thanks
    max

2. VacationBuddy

VacationBuddy Administrator

hi there,

Bus services in Chile are excellent, and the best one is TurBus. It has five different classes of service, so make sure what service you are booking on. You can book tickets online before you travel from Chile to Peru but it is best to wait until you're in Chile if you want to save some money.

Hope this helps
    Vacationbuddy

3. element70

element70 New Member

thanks
    Do you have an address or email for them??
    Also after being in Machu Picchu we plan on flying down to Patagonia for one week. Any suggestions??

4. Ruby

Ruby Guest

Hi there,

The trip from Antofagasta to Cusco will be around 12 hours by coach where flying will be around 2 hours or so.

A suggestion I have will be to fly from Santiago to Lima and then from Lima to Cusco. Lan airlines do great deals on Santiago-Lima-Cuzco so it is worth checking this out.

5. element70

element70 New Member

As i will be in Antafagasta, I will have to fly to Santiago, 1 hour then catch a plane to Lima and then another plane to Cusco. This I am sure will take more than 2 hours probably more like 7 or 8 with all the connections and waiting time. Someone told me that the bus trip can be very interesting with stops at various places of interest on the way. Is this correct??

6. element70

element70 New Member

Hi
    better is correct but i will be working in Tocopilla North Chile for one week from 4th October and after that will hire a car from Antofagasta to drive to the San Pedro area for 3 -4 days and then bus?coach to Machu Picchu
    etc etc....

max

7. Ruby

Ruby Guest

Sure, a coach tour is the way forward if you intend to explore places on the way to Peru. With a coach tour you can expect to see the following places

Chile tour:

San Pedro de Atacama
    Geysire El Tatio
    Road to Iquique
    Iquique - Tacna
    Tacna - Arequipa
    Colca Valley
    Colca-Canyon
    Patagonia

Peru tour:

Sacred Valley
    Pisac and Ollantaytambo