bus from Puerto Vallarta to Guadalajara?

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by wanderer, Apr 6, 2012.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

What's your advice on taking a bus from Puerto Vallarta to Guadalajara? How long is the ride? Do I have a few options or is there only one route? What should I expect to pay on this trip from Puerto Vallarta to Guadalajara?

2. aquamaureen

aquamaureen New Member

Hi,

There are three bus lines that go from PV to Guadalajara several times a day: Primera Plus, Vallarta Plus and ETN Turistar. All three have websites you can easily find through Google. ETN is the most expensive, but they have only one seat on one side and two seats on the other side of the aisle. All three provide you with a free snack and a drink as you get on. Expect to pay less than $40 one way depending on such things as discounts for round trips. To make sure you get a seat, you should arrive at the bus depot an hour before to buy your ticket.

3. aquamaureen

aquamaureen New Member

Oops - I forgot to say that the trip takes about five and a half hours. There are two bus stations in Guadalajara about an hour apart. We always get off in Zapopan, the first stop, rather than in Tlacapaque, and take a taxi to our hotel. Btw, we usually stay at the Hotel Dali Plaza in downtown Guadalajara.