buying insurance for Costa Rica

Discussion in 'Costa Rica' started by quramdgit, Mar 23, 2011.

1. quramdgit

quramdgit New Member

im planning a trip to Costa Rica, and the tour operator have ask me whether or not I have considered buying travel insurance. Buying insurance has not yet occurred to me, but I don't want to buy it from them. Do I have to buy insurance from them though?

2. Jenna

Jenna Moderator

Before even considering buying travel insurance for Costa Rica, I'd find out whether or not you may already have travel insurance coverage under any of your other insurance policies like home insurance.

Most travel operators fail to bring it to your attention and don't tell you this, but the truth is that most home and life insurance policies already cover a certain level of travel insurance.

You may also even find that your current health insurance policy covers you for certain overseas medical expenses. I am pretty sure there is a chance that you may not need to buy the travel insurance policy so "kindly offered" to you by the tour operator.

3. ankydas

ankydas New Member

I won't suggest you for that particular company. It's your personal choice whether you want to buy travel insurance from them or not. But, before dealing with any insurance plan; you have to research about insurance providers and make comparison among various available travel insurance plans based on your needs.