buying snowboarding gear

Discussion in 'Ski Areas' started by kingofmen, Aug 31, 2010.

1. kingofmen

kingofmen New Member

Hiya,

I need your advice and suggestions on buying snowboarding gear as there is seems to be so much choice that I don't know where to start to be honest. ...thanks

2. Danny

Danny Moderator

hello,

There is indeed an extensive range of equipment options and choosing the right equipment is indeed important.

Most people believe that the board is the main thing to think about, but you will also want to use discretion when buying boots and bindings. High quality boots and bindings will only help you maximize your time on the slopes, especially if you have a full season at the many ski areas in mind.

Pants are also important in the snowboarding gear repertoire, and the best snowboarding pants have vents for warmer days and are waterproof so, make sure you buy high quality.

3. lisabhaji

lisabhaji New Member

buying used snowboarding gear

if you wouldn't suggest buying second hand gear if I were you, especially the ski boots. you don't want to buy boots second hand, it is a bit like the lottery with your chances of getting boots that fit properly and comfortably. Also, the best deal may not be the cheapest, it will be the deal that offers you the most over the long run... there is no point buying a cheap board / bindings if it is only going to last you one week