can Louvre be explored in 2 hours?

Discussion in 'France' started by dounled, Oct 25, 2010.

1. dounled

dounled New Member

I won't be in Paris for that long but i want to explore Louvre..can this be done in two hours, and do i need a guide?

2. Jenna

Jenna Moderator

The Louvre is way too big to be explored in only a couple of hours. If you've only got 2 hours, you may want to try to concentrate on one area of the Louvre, and definitely book a guided tour..this will speed things for you as well.

For me the best bits of the Louvre are Napoleon's Apartments, the Mona Lisa, Venus de Milo, Winged Victory and Louvre Pyramid.

Also, remember that some exhibits close on certain days at certain times such as Napoleon's Apartments which aren't open on Monday evenings.

3. strilets

strilets New Member

I was in Louvre... no it's impossible :)
    buy a map chose places what you would like to see
    but don't try to see everything... you couldn't remember all and you will be terrible tired

4. groggi42

groggi42 New Member

Don't even try it. You will put yourself through a lot of pain for nothing. Have a look at the museum website, plan ahead (restrict yourself to a small part of the collection) and allow for at least half a day to enjoy the visit.

5. julietita

julietita New Member

Do as some tourist there... just go straight to Mona Lisa!!!!!

6. bmd

bmd Guest

If indeed you intend to explore the Louvre, taking time to view the artwork, and just learning about some of the history, because there's more to the Louvre than just a bunch of dust collectors. It's a rich, in depth look at the history and culture and life that was poured into the making of the artwork, the collections, the curating, and the entire building, itself. It will definitely take much more time than 2 hours, and even a full day to explore the Louvre properly.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2011
  7. FerryGeek

FerryGeek New Member

No way jose! It might take you 2 hours to get in even with a fast pass. You need to start in the morning early and make a whole day of it. I think you can go out and come back in if you have the ticket, maybe someone else can recall? But definitely a whole day event.. sorry!

8. AvaC

AvaC New Member

I reckon you need much more. We got booklet in the museum and just walk around stopping in front of only important things and we spent all after noon doing it, had great fun but you need much more then 2h to explore Louvre.