Car Rental in Nevada City

Discussion in 'Nevada' started by hmoto, Jun 14, 2007.

1. hmoto

hmoto New Member

Hello,

I'm going to Nevada in a couple of months and wanted to know about Car Rental in Nevada City. Has anybody done this? Are there any Canadian or European rental companies operating or is it just local firms? Any experiences or stories about Car Rental in Nevada City?

2. xbc480

xbc480 New Member

The necessity of Nevada Car rental depends on the areas you travel in that place. However traveling outside Nevada and to enjoy the mountains and lakes, renting a car is more cost efficient. Nevada car rental can be found at Rena or Tahoe International Airport with cars including Alamo, Dollar, Budget, Hertz and National. If you want to rent for more than a week, a company in Reno or Las Vegas will be perfect, while for short term rentals, check with the local companies. In addition, credit card programs and frequent flyer reduces the rate of your car rental.

3. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

Nevada is a really big place and it can take four or five hours to go from town to town, so you need to drive. If you don't actually want to the driving, there are bus companies and tour operators that can help with your Nevada transportation needs.

4. Sourlko

Sourlko New Member

I would suggest using Costco to reserve and rent a car. I'm from Canada so when I go down to Vegas I always go with them because I can use my Canadian Costco membership in any American Costco location, which is great.

5. karlinlee

karlinlee New Member

Last time when I was in Nevada with my friends, we enjoyed in Hoover dam, Fly geyser, Lake LV etc. That is a beautiful place to explore specially when you are with your friends. These places are located at long distances from each other and we were not in the mood to waste time so we hired a car.