Car Rental

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by balloo, Oct 20, 2008.

1. balloo

balloo New Member

Hi there,

I will be going to Argentina in February and was looking for a good place for car hire. Usually I use Avis but they charge around the $2000 for 2 weeks.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I got a quote from car rental argentina but they wanted me to pay money into their account in Argentina and then pay cash on arrival (sounds a bit dodgy to me)

Thanks

2. d360

d360 Administrator

You might try auto mendoza car rental. They have car rental offices in Buenos Aires, Mendoza and several other cities. http://www.automendoza.com/

3. redgeek

redgeek New Member

Google can help you :)
    google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&hs=VvF&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=Car+Rental+argentina&spell=1

4. balloo

balloo New Member

Thanks very much.

Would you know a good site for golf courses in Argentina?

Willem

5. vic62

vic62 New Member

does anybody knows where i can rent a car in uruguay?
    i'm going over there soon

6. messi87

messi87 New Member

I've been up to BA a few times now, and I've gone on a number of big trips. While I've never had any big problems in the bus or in a car, I've found that the best way to do it is by plane. This may seem more expensive, but there are plenty of websites out there that can help you find the best prices for airfares. The problem with driving (besides all the complaints listed above) is that it takes so darn long, really cutting into the time you have to visit. I used to go to Iguazu for the falls, but now I go to visit family, so I like to have the most time possible to spend with them. For this, flying is clearly the best. The Iguazu airport is small and easy to use, while flights out of BA aren't really as daunting as they look. Most often, when you factor in all the possible problems with taking a bus or driving, the prices really come out to about the same. I never had problems with busses going to Iguazu, but I have going to Bariloche, El Calafate and Ushuaia. Now, after a couple of years finally, I have learned that it is more than worth it to pay a little more and get to where you want to go comfortably and quickly.

Just my oppinion though. Hope the trip goes well!

7. Chenque

Chenque New Member

I think it all depends on how you want to experience the country. Car rental is often used by our customers because they want to explore a certain region better. They rent for example a car for 7 days in Salta, but fly from Buenos Aires to Salta. We also have customers who insist on driving four weeks through the North of Argentina, doing everything by car. It is whatever you like, but I agree with Messi87 that flying might seem expensive but it might be worth it when you take into account all the time loss with driving or taking busses.

8. messi87

messi87 New Member

Your definitely right with that. Of course if you want to see the scenery a car is best, but even the most beautiful scenery can get boring after 35 hours (approx. time ti Ushuaia)!

I'm still saying go with the plane. :)