caracas to pucallpa peru

Discussion in 'Venezuela' started by brettbritchero, Aug 2, 2009.

1. brettbritchero

brettbritchero New Member

hi, does anyone know the best way to peru, what would i expect to pay on flight to lima whilst at caracas airport? is going via manuse brazil better than going through columbia if i were to take bus?

any info would be very much appreciated, im aware that i need to change money on black market at airport first.

thanks if you can help in any way!

brett

2. Ruby

Ruby Guest

Hi Brett,

Peru can also be accessed by road and sea from Venezuela. Reaching Peru by the air route is probably best because of the three airports in Lima, Iquitos and Cusco. Most of the airlines like American Airlines, Air Canada, Air Madrid, etc. Flight time is around 4 hours non-stop from Venezuela and the cost is around $190 or 125EUR.

Good luck!

3. markwoodhouse

markwoodhouse New Member

hey Brett, traveling by bus is really far. I don't believe you can take any direct buses. There are buses that go from Caracas to Bogota, which is about 20-25 hours. I'm sure from there you can catch a bus south. It would take no less than 4 days to get from Venezuela to Peru. You'd be much better off flying.

4. alleppocity

alleppocity New Member

I'd say also to fly to Peru as flights are not that expensive. Plus, by bus you would have to go through Colombia, which is much too unstable these days.

5. brettbritchero

brettbritchero New Member

thanks for the replies!

if i was to take the bus would manaus be the better option?

6. markwoodhouse

markwoodhouse New Member

Going through Brazil is a better option. Take plenty of water and some food with you. Choose a very reputable bus company like Cruz del Sur or Civa, and choose a bus with toilets.
    Good luck!

7. Ruby

Ruby Guest

hi there,

Make sure you have everything in order and photocopied as you'll have to go through immigration, it will save you a lot of hassle.

8. alleppocity

alleppocity New Member

Going through Brazil might be a good option but it's a heck of trip by bus buddy. I agree, take plenty of water and go with a trusty bus company.Not all roads are paved and the ride will be bumpy..have safe trip!