Carnival cruise launching first UK ad

Discussion in 'Travel Industry News' started by wokkadf, Jan 4, 2013.

1. wokkadf

wokkadf New Member

The 60-sec ad campaign is apparently going to be launched on January 6, with four different 30-second adverts to follow. If you've seen it, what are your thoughts on Carnival's first ever ad for the UK market and the fact that the word ‘fun’ was omitted from the ad because us (British people) don’t like ‘organised fun’? My thoughts are that Carnival may have shot themselves on the foot with statements like that...

2. tomascarey

tomascarey New Member

I have seen the ad and I think it's so hilarious that people still perceive the people of the UK as boring.. Common, do we really need to "switch on" the fun button to have fun? LOL I know when compared to Americans, us British come across as "miserable" but who really has a fun time being stuck on a motorway and shopping in a packed supermarket??!!

3. duncanKolo

duncanKolo New Member

Switch On Fun

I wonder what the people behind Carnival Cruise's ad were thinking..still, the ad is a right laugh with the stereotypical English family. Press the "switch on fun" button and whoa la you land on a Carnival Cruise. I quite like the ad but I can see how a lot of English people may find it insulting somewhat...haha

4. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Interesting...I'm sure they did a lot of market resource. As a low-key American, I think their ads are exhausting. I don't want to go rock climbing on a ship on my vacation. I might respond to this more "boring" campaign. :)

5. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

I didn't expect the people to be zapped through walls and car tops. That made me laugh. The ad is so different than the same old, same old ads we see in the US. This one was refreshing and held my interest. :)