Castle tours in the UK

Discussion in 'UK' started by Vicolette, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

A really great way to see the sights without doing the driving is with a vacation package in the UK. Select a package for Ireland, Britain, or Scotland or book a package inclusive of all three. Packages include accommodations, breakfast, dinner, shows, and of course, group tours of the castles and area attractions in the comfort of an air conditioned tour bus with a knowledgeable guide. Definitely get your money's worth and a safe way to travel.

2. lisabhaji

lisabhaji New Member

i second the idea of booking a castle tour if you want to see all the castles in England, Scotland and Wales. Saying this, this can cost you a bundle and frankly it's best to go it alone if you know what castles to visit. All you need is to hire a car and you're set to go. Castles you must see in the Uk include Windsor Castle, Arundel Castle, Warwick Castle, Hever Castle, Dover Castle and Bodiam Castle.

3. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

I think it will depend on the tour company you book with and the deals they have available especially in the off season. I was recently looking at prices for group tours of England, Scotland and Ireland for 10 days that included accommodations, food, and entertainment plus visits to the major castles and I was pleasantly surprised at the low cost. Some tours are available as self-drive, which would be great fun, but some folks prefer traveling with a group when not familiar with the lay of the land. Also, for anyone who hasn't checked this out yet, companies like google, groupon and living social offer discount coupons for significant savings on vacation packages. Some up to 70% off the normal price. Hard to pass up a deal like that!

4. bbrian

bbrian New Member

Agreed. visiting the royal castles and historian places are always best with proper tours. You get to learn so much of the inside background besides their obvious outer beauty. And its more interesting once you know the stories behind how they were built:) Would someone suggest in 6 days, which places i should visit if i plan to go all 3 destinations?

5. raddy46

raddy46 New Member

Castle tours are always good if you are totally new to the place. If you know your way around I would suggest you travel on your own. It is more cheap and you have a versatile plan, and can stay anyplace as long as you want.

6. rose01

rose01 New Member

When I think of England, I think castles. The first thing a lot of people think about England is castles and medieval fortresses. Despite England’s fame for castles, there aren’t actually that many that have survived intact.

7. maxjhon12

maxjhon12 New Member

Warwick Castle is a medieval castle in Warwick, the county town of Warwickshire, England. It sits on a cliff overlooking a bend in the River Avon. I loved it.

8. rose01

rose01 New Member

Hever Castle, in Kent, England is also one of the best one.

9. mac12

mac12 New Member

Rochester Castle stands on the east bank of the River Medway, in Rochester, Kent. It is one of the best-preserved castles of its kind in the UK. It is one of the wonderful castle in UK.

10. eddyedward

eddyedward New Member

Alnwick Castle is a castle and stately home in Alnwick, Northumberland, England and the residence of the Duke of Northumberland, built immediately following the Norman conquest, and renovated and remodelled a number of times. It is a Grade I listed building.