Cheap cruise deals 2012

Discussion in 'Cruises' started by wanderer, Feb 3, 2012.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Cruises can be lavish or they can be great deals. Would any of you out there know about how to find great deals? What are you finding?

2. cleana-clena

cleana-clena New Member

seven day cruise

here it's what to do...the average price most people pay for a seven day cruise is about $1800 per person, but if you're paying that much you aren't getting a good deal at all. To be able to say that you got a cheap cruise deal you have to aim at paying no more than $600. Anything less than that and you're doing better than an average 'deal' at a cruise discounter.

3. Xena-6778

Xena-6778 New Member

$800 cruise deal?

hey cleana-clena...sounds like a good target but cruise rates like that aren't too common, and are next to impossible for some itineraries...how do you manage to find these kind of deals?

4. cleana-clena

cleana-clena New Member

cheap cruise deal depend on season

xena, I should've mentioned that the $800 mark is dependent very much of the season... prices are higher when kids are out of school. Basically, when cruise ships are slow to fill, and/or willing to sail more inexpensive itineraries makes it much easier to get a great deal, but there are good deals everywhere all year long if you keep your eyes open.

5. 1stplace

1stplace New Member

family cruises

traveling as a family or as a group of friends normally helps you get a cheap cruise deal, though that's only on some sailings. I find that families or friends who are willing to share a small sleeping space, can get cheap cruise rates even during peak-season.

6. superiorNoice

superiorNoice New Member

repositioning cruise

what about a "repositioning cruise?" or finding a freighter cruise? I heard that these so-called "repos" could be a very good travel value.

7. Lazarus1

Lazarus1 New Member

cruise deals tips

I would first suggest getting quotes from multiple travel agents because they always offer different deals and prices on the same cruise trip. Also, a cabin without a window will be cheaper..and avoid buying too many drinks onboard the cruise...best you bring your own on board!

8. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Best cheap cruises to the Caribbean

Thanks for your advice! Which cruiselines would you recommend for the Caribbean in specific. I've learned a lot from you arleady!

9. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

The major cruise lines go to Caribbean, so it's really about what style and what kind of deal you want to get. If you're traveling with the kids, you might want to consider the Disney Cruises.. Then again, Royal Caribbean has Caribbean right in its name.

10. keralahmart

keralahmart New Member

Anyone dealing with cruises in INDIA?

11. AlcatrazAOL

AlcatrazAOL New Member

cruising in India

you mean cruises to India? or cruising from India? you can cruise from Chennai to Mumbai and cruise along the coast of the Indian sub-continent (including places Sri Lanka and the Maldives). Spirit of Oceanus cruise liner does this trip though i dont know how it costs.