Cheap Flights

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by BEA, Oct 6, 2006.

1. BEA

BEA Guest

Hi
    We Are Planning To Go To Argentina In Mid 2007, Where Can I Find The Best Flight Fares?
    Is Despegar.com Legit?

2. Lola

Lola New Member

Hi BEA,
    I've never heard of despegar.com, so I can't give you any advice there. However, I've always had luck getting cheap flights to Latin America at www.exitotravel.com so you may want to check them out. Otherwise carefully combing through the internet is probably your best bet. I've also heard good things about www.flycheapol.com although I've never used them personally. Good luck and send me an email if there's anything I can do to help you plan your trip to Argentina!

Happy Travels,
    Lola

3. BEA

BEA Guest

thank you so much!
    I'll check them out.

4. Wilo

Wilo New Member

I booked flights through them a couple of times with no issues. They are legit as far as I know, check their website to be sure they have what you're looking for http://www.despegar.com

5. icesar

icesar New Member

With this much time on your hands, it also makes sense to set up a Fare Watcher on Orbitz. Basically, it'll monitor fares to BA and let you know when they hit your desired level. Lastly, check out the cool new service called Farecast.com It tells you when the best time to buy is, based on historically airline fare data.

6. matt_s

matt_s New Member

Might want to try bestflights.com.au it has plenty of cheap flights that may be of interest to you.

7. stevo132

stevo132 New Member

I dont blog often but this ticked me off, and seems actually important if you dont want to get ripped off when flying! I had such aggravation down here buying a domestic plane ticket. There is basically one domestic airline, Aerolineas, so they have a strangle hold on the prices and tax foreigners because they can. I checked 2 prices on their website, one from residing in US side(English) and then one residing Argentina(in Spanish). I found a huge discrepancy in price! of $200.00 USD in savings in flying to UShuia on the Argentinian residency (after currency change). The prices were all over the place. Some flights were also not available at all on the US side. First I called the contact office NY , they said I have to buy the tickets under “residing in US." Then I called the contact office in Buenos Aires, and they gave me the Argentinian price and I gave them info where I was staying. I have to pick up the tickets at their office, i hope it works out.

So, long story short if you are flying within the country, check out the agentinian residency prices too, and you may be able to get that price if you buy the tickets within the country

8. Marcos Wolff

Marcos Wolff New Member

Hi travelers, Aerolineas Argentinas as well as Lan apply this policy of charging a different price for non-argentine residents. When you book flights (even in the buenos aires office of the airline) they request your passport number and country of origin. As far as I am concerned, it is always better to book in advance due to the lack of availability during high season. Aerolineas Argentinas has two different group of prices for foreing travelers:
    - One if the international airline you used to arrive Argentina is Aerolineas.
    - One if you are using any other airline.
    Then, in each one of these two categories, you have three different fares that will depend on availabily at the moment of booking.
    During 2006 I was getting better prices for domestic flights in Argentina from outside the country rather than from Argentina. It is just a matter of checking different sources.

9. d360

d360 Administrator

Try using the "build your trip" flight comparsion tool it will search multiple websites and get you the best price.