Cheap Last Minute Flights

Discussion in 'Flights' started by wanderer, Mar 4, 2012.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Where you do go for cheap last minute flights? Is that even possible?

2. lttleOnes

lttleOnes New Member

last minute flights

I can tell you where you shouln't go for cheap flights and that is the airport...it sounds like a good idea to just turn up at the airport and jump on the next bargain flight but it isn't as simple as that because you may end up paying several hundred pounds more on the day.

3. welcomeprofes

welcomeprofes New Member

dont turn up at the airport

I agree with that...the days of popping to the airport on the day for cheap flights is long gone. Not only you may actually pay more for the flight but you limit your choice of destination. It's best you search online for flights using search engines like expedia, skyscanner, etc...try it, i can guarantee you that you will pay much much less than if you just turn up at the airport.

4. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

That's good advice! It makes sense to have a ticket in hand before you get to the airport. And then you'd have to pay to check your bags and a bunch of other fees.

5. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

So what are your favorite best last minute vacation destinations?

6. milla30

milla30 New Member

Getting a ticket for flight on last minutes depends whether there is any unbooked seats available or not. If it is available then till last minute, it is easy to get ticket.

7. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Well that makes perfect sense. It's all about availability. If they need to fill a seat, they're going to charge you less. I just wish it were easier for us to figure out about flights and how they work.

8. mariajames

mariajames New Member

Not only you may actually pay more for the flight but you limit your choice of destination. It's best you search online for flights using search engines like expedia

9. kevinpaul

kevinpaul New Member

I booked flight ticket in London at last minute in explura. I got the cheap rate flight tickets.

10. shivani

shivani New Member

Thanks for the advice!!!

Regards,
    Shivani

11. rosenelson

rosenelson New Member

The simplest way is to check the airline website. Any price cuts / special deals will be announced there. You can also call the airline. They will be more than happy to inform you of their latest promo. Airlines publish their promos on newspapers and magazines, so you should check them out too.