cheapest car rentals

Discussion in 'New Mexico' started by ListenBuddy, Mar 6, 2014.

1. ListenBuddy

ListenBuddy New Member

To avoid paying the big price tag, I would strongly suggest booking a car from a car rental agency off-airport. There are many car rental companies that are not too far from the airport such as Enterprise and Budget, which have car rental locations in downtown Albuquerque. They won't pick you up at the airport, but you can catch a cab ride which will cost around $22.

2. newstaion

newstaion New Member

Re: cheapest car rental in Albuquerque

I agree you can save quite a bit of money by renting offsite. I've had good experience by renting from Enterprise which is located all over the city, but they aren't the cheapest. Avis has the best prices on car hire at $35 a day, but they only have two locations in the city (on 1901 University NE and on 4770 Montgomery Blvd NE, Suite c-113).

3. perolop

perolop New Member

car rentals tips

I second booking off-campus and not directly at the airport. Most major rental places are a quick taxi ride away so it's best to book outside to save money. You'll be able to return the car to the airport facility if you use the major rentals, like Avis or Dollar. Make sure you return the car when they say and before they close...I know it sounds obvious but it happens.